Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Nettings Do NZ - Week 31

I will start week 31 off by stating that I hate teething.  Kensley has cut two top teeth this week and while it hasn’t been the worse thing in the world, it certainly hasn’t been great!  She went through waves of being pretty fussy which isn’t her typical self and can become difficult to tolerate.   Nonetheless we pushed through.  We saw Julia and Lucy a few times for play dates and also met Jacqui and Walt for a quick coffee date.  Friday afternoon, Caleb, Kenz and I went to the gardens and had a beer and some fries on the café patio while Kensley crawled around the grass. 

The real excitement of the week is that James was in town!  James is Lara’s husband and they’re the ones who connected us with Kayla and Liz and Andy.  Caleb met with James and Andy Friday night for a beer and still made it home for our pizza and wine night.  We opened a pinot noir we got in Central Otago from Chard Farm and rate it 3.5/5.  On Saturday, Caleb worked so we were up early so I could get a run in and still make it to The Boat Shed for our morning latte.  In the afternoon, Kenz and I made our way over the Liz and Andy’s where she napped and played with Harriet and we all visited with James.  Sunday morning, we had Sarah over while Caleb, Andy and James hiked Mount Richardson and I got out for a run, brunch with Mary and a much-needed haircut!  We then all met up at Little High Eatery for a quick visit before James started his journey home (to Australia first).  I’m really happy that Caleb got some guy time this weekend, he definitely was due for some.   Caleb enjoyed the half-day hike, outside of the city into the foothills of Christchurch, and really liked the meat pie from the café on the way there.   It was super nice to see James, but I’ll admit I was a bit disappointed when I saw him because I held a small amount of hope that Lara was going to surprise us and be with him!  It did feel like a piece of her was with us though with James and I was very happy to have that.  I finished the weekend with a Sunday night glass of wine with Mary and a walk through The Chinese Lantern Festival that was happening over the weekend in Christchurch.

Trying out the pigtails again



Combing her friends hair.




That was a good dinner!



Climbing



Kenz and James!  James is getting ready for his own little one in 20ish weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment