Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The Nettings Do NZ - Week 45

This week was another chill week around Christchurch.  Kensley has started to try jumping.  Her feet don't leave the floor yet but her excitement and expressions would make you believe she just won gold medal in a jump competition.  We saw Jacqui and Hugh and Walt this week.  They were so sweet and brought me over an AMAZING banana cake that Jacqui made for my birthday.  Kensley also had her Plunket appointment and was really happy to show off every skill she has to our nurse, Stefanie.  She weighed in at the 25th percentile and measured up in the 5th.  She's small but mighty!  On the weekend, Caleb worked on Saturday and on Sunday, he ran the Christchurch marathon.  It was probably the worse weather we've experienced in NZ.  Two full days of pouring rain and hail and wind.  Caleb was also hit with Kensley's cold this weekend.  I seriously couldn't sleep the night before the race because I was so worried that with no training (one 20k and one 30k run do not count as training to me), the horrible weather, and the cold, that he was going to really injure himself.   We all woke up early to see him off at the start line.  Kensley loved being there and seeing all of the people.  Then, I ran Kensley home to Sarah who was going to babysit for the morning so I could go out and be #1 cheerleader for Caleb.  He told me before the race that if he wasn't feeling great at 10k that he was going to pull out.  He's NEVER said that before so I was seriously concerned.  I saw him at multiple points on the course which was super fun.  I biked and ran around and the pace bunny he was with commented on it, something along the lines of "it's her again!".  Caleb said that the rest of the spectators were pretty quiet.  He ended up finishing in 3:25:44....I can't believe I lost sleep over it!  Again, proving he is our superman!  We were both soaked and freezing by the end of the race and made our way home for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.  We had Liz, Andy and Harriet over in the afternoon for a little early birthday celebration for Caleb.  We had beer and wine, and lots of Caleb's favorites: chips, HOT wings, candy, veggies (for balance) and a homemade lemon cake!  I've never put so much effort into baking something before and I've definitely not juiced or zested that many lemons in my life.  I think the verdict was that the cake was good!  I've told Caleb to give me 10 years to perfect a lemon cake so this is my first year down....we'll see if he requests the same one next year or another one.


Happy Birthday C!



"Ain't no mama like the one I've got"  yes, I dress her.....




Yummy banana cake!!




Kensley got her own personal homemade pizza this week!



Just chatting with her cousins <3






Pre race shot with dada



And with mama....


BOOM! 





No comments:

Post a Comment