Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Nettings Do NZ - Week 38



There isn’t a whole lot to report on this end for this week.  Work, work, work and more work for Caleb and baby, baby, baby, plus more baby for me!  We had some play dates and went to a little birthday party (Alice).   Kensley also entered into a sleep regression (? teeth ? missing daddy ? who the heck knows).  Right on schedule with Caleb working all weekend which made it a long and painful weekend for me.  When I wasn’t coping well in the middle of Sunday night, Caleb who had been working all weekend and had less sleep than me, let Kensley sleep on him.  His selflessness definitely made me work harder to snap out of my “poor-me” funk.   I realized this weekend that as much as I like his help on the weekends with Kensley, I also really depend on having him and his energy around to recharge me.      

Autumn has arrived here.  The mornings are cool but getting up to the mid teens in the afternoon.  Insert my struggle to dress Kensley here!  It’s ongoing with each season; yes, I realize it shouldn’t be rocket science.   Autumn is my favorite season in Canada and it feels the same here. But this cool weather brings up the issue of heating our apartment that will present in the next few months.   Heating and cooling homes in New Zealand is very interesting.  The units in our building don’t have a heating pump – that means no heating, other than little space heaters that don’t do anything unless you sit right next to them.   Kensley isn’t going to be sitting still next to a heater.  We will be wearing a lot of layers at home during June and July!  Thank you Granny and Grandpa for Kensley’s awesome new winter sleep sack!

Kensley went to daycare as usual this week.  They say she still has her “moments” where she becomes upset.  I think this is less related to me not being there and more likely because she isn’t sleeping great there and more so, she isn’t getting the typical one-on-one attention that she’s used to. 

Kensley is having fun attempting to walk around.   She no longer wants to crawl.  She wants to hold our hands to walk, walk with her trolley or around furniture and she stands at the back of her stroller and walks while pushing it along. She is testing her balance and so proud of herself when she stands independently.  If we don’t clap for her, she sits down and demands clapping by clapping for herself until we join in.  She has taught herself to crawl down the stairs this week, previously had no interest when we’d try to teach her.  She loves to eat with her fork.   She turns on the washing machine and dishwasher. 


Wild girl!  Note the Winnie the Pooh on her trolly, Ella, our fave barista, brought this back from Japan for Kenz.



Off on an adventure



Natures playground!


Just climbing a tree


Go girl, go!



<3



Caleb used to carry K around in this hoody as a newborn so he tucked her in as a 1-year old


I've always skipped homemade pizza night when Caleb works but now I have someone else to enjoy them with!  This was the first pizza night for just Kensley and I!  She ate two pieces (mushroom, red pepper, spinach, onions).



Needs some work with the spoon....


Over dressed her big time for this 7 degree morning....



That smile....



No comments:

Post a Comment