Monday, April 8, 2019

The Nettings Do NZ - Week 36 - Kensley turns ONE!


So I am a bit delayed in posting lately because I have a problem…I’m addicted to a reality TV show called “Married at First Sight Australia”.  It is full of nonsense and drama and I can’t get enough of it.  It’s on Sunday-Wednesday night so it really interferes with me writing and posting.  Tonight, I multitask and do both!

This week was a HUGE deal because our precious baby girl turned ONE!!!!! WHERE DID THAT YEAR GO?!  Each day she seems more and more grown up.  We kicked off her birthday celebration on Sunday; Caleb, Kenz and I, because Caleb was in Australia for work during the week.  We did her favorite things, played on the grass and ate blueberry muffins, of course, while she wore a tutu.  And that basically continued all week long:  blueberries all day, everyday, at her request!
 
On Monday, Kensley made her way back to daycare and it was the first time she frowned and fought back tears as I left.  It broke my heart and I felt guilty the whole time I wasn’t with her but they reassured me that she perked up after I left.  Tuesday, we had a little birthday party in the park with her friends Isabelle and Lucy.  Isabelle turned one on March 25th, Kensley on March 27th and Lucy on April 1st.  We obviously had to buy them matching outfits for their cake smash. 

Caleb’s parents and sister made their way back to Christchurch in time for Kensley’s birthday and she loved seeing them!  We said goodbye to Granny and Grandpa on Thursday and Auntie Autumn moved in with us for her remaining stay, she even let me get a few runs in without Kenz!  We enjoyed many delicious wines with Autumn during her visit.  I really should’ve done better at documenting them but they were mostly whites (pinot gris, Riesling and sauv blancs) with a few rose thrown in there.
Caleb was in Brisbane from Tuesday-Thursday for a cadaver lab with one of the orthopedic implant company reps. He found it useful and even had some time to check out the city and have some fun!  It’s a rare opportunity to practice surgery on cadavers so he jumped at the opportunity.

On the weekend we went to Hamner Springs with Autumn so she could see another part of NZ and enjoy some hot springs.  Caleb did a mountain run while Autumn, Kenz and I checked out the town and had a nap.  We were back in Christchurch for Sunday in time for lunch at Sarah’s house.  Sarah’s family invited which was amazing, to say the least.  Sarah has been a blessing in our lives.  She has been watching Kensley at least once a week basically since we’ve arrived here.  Kensley calls her “Rawraw” (her attempt at Sarah) and absolutely loves her.  She waves hi and blows kisses every time I say Sarah’s name.  The apple does not fall far from the tree when it comes to her and her family.  Her mom, Robin, dad, John and brother Lochy were soooo welcoming and made us the best meal that we’ve had in New Zealand.   They were all so good with Kensley and even better: they have a sweet little dog named Annie.  Kensley loves dogs!  Sarah made us homemade ice cream to end a perfect meal and visit!   Kensley will be staying with them next weekend and I couldn’t be happier!  My only concern is that Kensley might not want to come home!

So, we have survived our first year as parents.  What a ride!  It was full of a lot of ups and downs, but mostly ups.  I couldn’t be more thankful to have had Caleb by my side during it to figure things out.  Caleb describes the first year of parenthood as “nuts” haha.  He said it’s definitely life changing and fun most of the time.  I’ve learned so much about myself, things that I would’ve never imagined (I really didn’t enjoy breastfeeding) and others were pretty predictable (must stick to routine).  It’s taught us a love that we could’ve never imagined.  We can’t wait to continue this adventure with our perfect little blueberry, Kensley!

<3


Happy Birthday Little Beauty!


Balloons everyday!


Loving it outside!


Perhaps some icing lessons prior to the next birthday...


Mmmm blueberry muffins



Nana and Poppa through Kenz a surprise party!


Isabelle, Lucy and Kensley



The girls turn one!



Presents from Granny and Grandpa



Breakfast at The Boatshed



Exploring the gardens.


Cheers Auntie Autumn!



Cheers Momma!



LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment