Monday, October 15, 2018

The Netting's Do NZ - Week 12

This week’s update will be pretty short and sweet!  We all had a low-key week: Caleb working and Kenz and I with very few social activities.  It was quite nice to tell you the truth; minus Caleb working the weekend!  That man is really remarkable, after a busy week and a busy weekend on-call, he doesn’t even complain about having little time to himself. He even tolerates me complaining that I need time to myself and supports me in getting a babysitter (although he thought three times this week was a bit excessive :P).  Don’t worry though; he had enough time to watch the finale of The Bachelor Australia this week and update me on it. 

Kensley was probably the most social this week because she had her babysitter, Sarah, over three times!  Sarah came for a few hours during the day on Wednesday and also came Saturday and Sunday morning to give me a little relief and allow me to get my long run in (18k down!).  Kensley really seems to be taking to Sarah!  Sarah has been able to put Kensley down for her nap and get her up from her nap, both without tears, which is a huge success in my mind!  Kensley and I also visited the new library in Christchurch City Centre, a little over a kilometer from our place.  The library is named Turanga (which I was told means “foundation” in the native language, Maori).   It is the most modern library I’ve ever been to: it has a slide in it, a play station wall, computers everywhere, books everywhere (obviously), and even this simulated race car!  Kensley and I will head back for their “Baby Times” program at some point. 

Kensley has been learning some new skills!  Her ability to pick up things (especially her food – talk about motivation) is improving each day.  She also has started waving “hi” which is super cute!  She waves at herself but it’s still impressive in our books.  The jolly jumper has been a huge hit and she wants to stand (with help) at every opportunity she can get.   She is definitely aware of animals and will sit and watch the ducks and birds in the park for long periods.  Actually, we watched a pretty intense duck fight outside of our place this week.  I really wish I would’ve caught it on video.   Unfortunately, with more awareness, Kensley is also starting to scream longer and harder when she is frustrated (can’t reach something she wants) or is mad about something (me eating in front of her without offering her any), like really scream.

Oh and we had another pinot noir Friday night with homemade pizza: Madame Sass, Central Otago.  It was definitely fruitier and sweeter than others we've had.  Caleb says it was flavourful but not the smoothest.  But like all of these damn wines...so good.  I give it 3.5/5 and Caleb 4/5.  

This weeks successes:
Kensley waving hi
Kensley's success with the babysitter
Caleb had a weekend of operating independently (10 cases)
My half-marathon training is coming along


That’s it for us! 








No daddy, please don't go to work!






Just hanging out on a bench



Post-run selfie - she actually had fun!



Loves the flowers; she thinks they're food.


Sitting at the window doesn't cut it anymore






No comments:

Post a Comment