Monday, October 29, 2018

The Nettings Do NZ - Week 14


Another short and sweet post from our last week.  It was pretty low key and thoroughly enjoyed.  Kensley and I met Julia, Lucy, Hannah and Isabelle in the Botanic Gardens for an afternoon picnic on Wednesday.  Kayla and her sister Lucy came over on Friday for lunch.  We haven't seen Lucy since Peak to Pub so it was really nice to see her again and it's always nice to see Kayla!  Lucy actually hung out with Kenz and I for the afternoon which was awesome!  Kensley had two hellish days on Thursday and Friday where she was extremely miserable – like I could barely put her down.  Turns out she was getting sick, a little cough and runny nose.  I was dreading the timing of this because Caleb was doing a white-water river kayaking course Thursday-Sunday.  But actually, Kensley was completely happy and back to herself on Saturday and Sunday (minus the damn cough!).  Caleb was doing this certification because it’s mandatory for a race he’s hopeful to do here called “Coast to Coast”.  Stay tuned because unfortunately, it has sold out already which we weren’t expecting to happen this far out.  He’s on the wait list so time will tell.  We realized last week that the river they were being certified on was 1.5 hrs away so this meant a last minute decision for him to camp there!  I wasn’t overly joyed about not having him around (because he’s in Australia this week for a conference) but it really didn’t make sense for him to be driving back and forth each day.  With him away, having his outdoorsy fun, it meant that this momma was getting Sarah back for some fun with Kensley.  Sarah watched Kensley for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday so I could have some time to myself.  I got out for a run both days and on Saturday I met Mary for an afternoon glass of wine on a patio and then Sunday she and I met again for brunch!  Mary also came over Saturday night for homemade pizza and wine.  I realize I need to get some selfies of Mary and I on our adventures!  I so appreciate Mary's company and I am so thankful to have Sarah!  Sarah is excellent with Kensley and each time I’ve left and returned home, Kensley is happy! 
            Caleb enjoyed his course and thought it was well run.  He said he underestimated how difficult kayaking is and that paddling around for fun at cottages is nothing like white-water kayaking.  There were 8 people total that camped out with the group and it seems they all got along.  He may have even made some friends for future adventure.  This will come as no surprise, I’m sure, but now, Caleb is on the hunt to buy a kayak :P.
            I’m feeling a bit discouraged about my running and this half marathon.  I completed a 20k run this weekend but felt (and still feel) really defeated from it.  I feel great on my runs that are 12k or less but really struggle with energy and stamina beyond this.  I think I’ve underestimated the energy that it takes to breastfeed and care for a baby and train for a half marathon while continuing to recover from pregnancy and childbirth.  Nonetheless, the race is here in less than 3 weeks so I’ll do my best! 
            Kensley turned 7 months this week and time continues to fly by!  She continues to think she’s a big girl and now screams whenever we lay her down during the day because she only wants to be sitting up.   After two nights away Caleb felt like she had grown so much! 

This weeks successes:
We have a 7 month-old baby!
Caleb completed the kayaking certification

20 painful kilometers down for me

My little bestie



She loves sitting in the park



She also loves having her diaper off!



<3



Trying out the swing!


Loves her daddy's belt


Sick little bean fell asleep on me which never happens anymore!


Surprise!



Little doll!



Caleb's camp group


Hurunui River


Hurunui River

No comments:

Post a Comment